Saturday 16 March 2013

Studio Calico Snippets

Hello and a very happy weekend to you!

Louise here today to show you my projects made with the Studio Calico Snippets Collection!
 
My main supplies were:
 
Snippetts 6x6 patterned paper pad
Chipboard Arrows
Chipboard Cameras
 
All of which are available in the shop!
 
    This collection is perfect - it reminds me of bright summers days. Airy and light. The patterns are a mixture of bold and subtle, the colours being both bright and muted. What I like best about this 6x6 pad is that all the papers are single sided. You don't know what a weight off my mind it is not to have to choose between sides. The combination of colours and patterns is wonderful and suitable for all themes.

I'd like to share with you two 12 x12 layouts and several 4x6 horizontal mini cards/layouts. These layouts are for my holiday album which mixes 12x12 with 4x6 page protectors pockets.


The top two 4x6 cards will accompany a non beach/pool 12 x 12 layout in my album with the bottom two going next to to a 12 x 12 beach/pool layout.

First up is the beach/pool theme. I wanted a fresh bright feel to my holiday album and used the Bazzill white range of cardstock. The 12x12 layout is kept simple with lots of white space. The main focus being the photos.


The journaling is on the back of this page. I have so much to write for this holiday that occasionally there is too much to actually put on the layout. Here is my DH coming down the water slide with two of my boys in the pool waiting for him. He has a water camera in his hand, so while I take a photo of him (on the left), he is taking a photo of me (on the right). You might just be able to make me out in a black cosie standing with my feet firmly on the ground.

I fallen in love with the chipboard cameras and arrows. They are simply Cute!

The 4x6 cards and photos will go in the 4x6 page protector pockets next to the 12x12 layout in my album.


You can see I've used more of those gorgeous chipboard arrows with some titles and quotes.

For my second 12x12 layout I have chosen a non beach/pool theme. First of all I created a misted hexagon background.



To create this background I used an embossing folder. Spray your mist onto the raised side of your embossing folder, turn over and press onto your card/paper.

I used two mists here the Mister Huey Honor Society and Leaf Green

This amazing castle is the Harry Potter Ride in Florida. The title of this layout is taken from the words that my youngest son wrote about this ride at the end of the day.

More chipboard cameras and arrows.
 









As before, the 4x6 cards and photos will go into in the 4x6 divided page protector pockets next to the 12x12 layout.


Once again there is so much to journal for this page. Like.... how I came to have a photo of the "Public Convenience" sign and the story of the Harry Potter Ride, the Forbidden Journey. For this story in particular, the 4x6 card is a pocket which will hold all the details.


So.....I hope you like my Studio Calico projects. Making little 6 x 4 cards to go alongside 12 x 12 layouts is a great way to get all those extra details and photos into your album. I hope you might give it a go.  If you are still not sure I will be making plenty more 12x12 and 4x6 with this range so you may wish to keep an eye out over at my blog.


All these products can be purchased from SJ Crafts.

Thanks for stopping by today

Louise x

Don't forget to visit Louise's blog at : Boys, Bugs and Beautiful Buttons

7 comments :

Katherine said...

Beautiful Louise :)

Nathalie said...

I LOVE how you are mixing pockets with 12x12 pages!!!! LOVE it! The colors and tidbits are so much fun too!

Unknown said...

What a great idea. x

Sian said...

Lovely stuff Louise!

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm doing the same with our camping album from last year and I think they look great mixed up like that. These papers are fab and I love what you've done with them.

Jimjams said...

You've made great use of a gorgeous collection here Louise - love the different sized pieces.

Missus Wookie said...

Such a fun way of including lots of words while still ensuring you get lots of white space and pretties too :)