Tuesday 19 March 2013

Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm

Hello All!

It's Jennifer here today, to show you some projects using the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm 6x6 Pad and Stamp Set, which are both oh-so pretty and versatile!

Love on Paper Layout


I have to say I am surprised by how much I LOVE this collection! When I saw it online I thought it was nice, but when I received it and flicked through the 6x6 pad I was blown away by the sweet designs, and how well they were balanced out with some graphic and plainer papers. It's all very, very useable!

My only problem has been that you only get one sheet of each paper - 36 single-sided different designs of paper, and they are all gorgeous! How do I choose which one to use? How do I bring myself to cut into one when there isn't a 'spare' sheet of the same design? The papers were calling me to use them, so I just braved it and snipped in! Lol!

I die-cut a few feathers from the papers to give them a place to shine. They made me think of writing quills which fit with the 'signing the register' theme. The navy paper with 'love you to the stars and back' written all over it has to be one of my most favourite papers ever!


The feathers, the punched hearts, and the hot air ballon (which is stamped onto white card) were stuck onto the layout using 3D foam dots. They stand out nicely from the background of grey cardstock, which had white mist splattered on it, and the small heart from the Lucky Charm set heat embossed with gold several times to add some shimmer!

One of the things I like so much about the pad is all the sheets which are good for cutting apart - a couple of journal cards, elements, or borders papers, and then one sheet filled with little envelopes and one with jars which can be cut out to make little embellishments.


You can see several of these down in my journaling corner of the layout.


The enamel dots are My Mind's Eye My Girl, and the gems are Hero Arts Clear Gemstones (I'm on my third pack of these now!) - these are both on the next couple of projects too...

Next I made a more graphic layout using some chevron, stripes, and triangle patterns from the pad...

Disney Family Layout


I love the cloud stamp in the set, which you can see at the top right, because the clouds have a straight line at the bottom - I like this a lot more than clouds that are fluffy all around, I don't know why! The arrows stamp used a few times on the left of this layout is so fun too, and will be good for all kinds of projects.

The 'this is so awesome' and 'you make my heart sing' cards on here are also from the cut apart sheets in the 6x6 pad (though I added the heart).
 


 
With all these cute designs to work with I decided to make a couple of cards as well!!
 
I'll show you those in my next post!

Thanks for stopping by - please do leave a comment and say "Hi!"
 
Jennifer x
 
See more of Jennifer's crafting at her blog: Jennifer's Jumbles

5 comments :

Margie said...

Gorgeous layouts!! Pinned!

Lou said...

oooh those feathers are super x

Lisa-Jane said...

Those feathers are great - is it from the store? LOVE those embossed circular hearts too.

Dawn said...

Oh my I'm in love. Fabulous layouts! Want some Lucky Charm even more now!

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous layouts....love the way you've used the feathers.