Tuesday 1 May 2012

Childish Things!!


Have you seen the gorgeous new collection from Fancy Pants Designs yet?

Childish Things is packed with bright colours and fun designs!

I sent Lisa-Jane the papers, alphas, stickers and buttons to "play with"!! By using some of the bolder designs alongside the plainer "b" sides she has really made the bright designs "work" and I love these layouts.



The title and green gingham border are from the strips paper and LJ used glossy accents on the "dreamer" title to give it shine and dimension. The little blue journalling box is from the cards paper and a few buttons and stickers added to finish.  The heart was collaged with scraps.



Lisa Jane explains ...
One of my favourite papers is the orange woodgrain which marries so wonderfully with the orange and aqua polka dot.  I used my sewing machine to stitch around each block and around the page edge.


Taking inspiration from Glitter Girl's hand-made embellishments and loving the double sided designs on the papers I made my own pin-wheels. I added some brown glitter Thickers, and letter stickers and a few other embellishments from my stash.


For my next page, I knew immediately which story and photo I was going to scrap with these bright and bold papers.  Last Christmas my son got the weekly trophy at football club and the colours and stars on the imagination paper were perfect for this layout.  The alpha stickers in this collection are a good size for titles and there are loads on the sheet with plenty of punctuation marks too.


For the chevrons, I was inspired by this fab tutorial and again used my sewing machine.


I also made a card for my daughter's birthday using the bookshelf paper. I love the bright floral pattern with its bold colours and the cute chipboard piece is from October Afternoon.


This collection may be called Childish Things and it really is great for layouts featuring children of all ages but many of the papers would work equally well for more "grown up" themes.  A lovely, versatile collection that was a real joy to work with.

To see more of LJ's work pop over to her blog here!


1 comment :

Redanne said...

Love those Fancy Pants papers and Lisa-Jane has done an amazing job on those layouts - they are stunning.