Thursday 26 April 2012

Jenni Bowlin Hexagon Love!

Every now and then a new trend hits the scrapbooking world ... one of the latest seems to be hexagons!! So today I would like to hand over to DT member, Louise to share her fab ideas with hexagons!
*  *  *  *
Hexagons seem to be everywhere in scrapbooking at the moment so I was pleased when Sarah sent me these lovely Jenni Bowlin vintage journaling tags, Identify, Numbers and Memo stickers.

Jenni Bowlin Printed Tags ~ Vintage (JBPT712) *New*     Jenni Bowlin Stickers ~ Identify (JBSK730) *New*    
 Jenni Bowlin Stickers ~ Numbers (JBSK729) *New*     Jenni Bowlin Stickers ~ Memo (JBSK728) *New*


To go with the hexagon based stickers I cut out, by hand, lots of hexagons from papers from my Dilly Dally 6" x 6" pad. My journaling is on the Jenni Bowlin vintage tag which you can just see peeping out from under the photo.

So that I could get the placement of the hexagons exactly where I wanted them I first mounted the stickers onto card. This also made it easy to draw around them onto the patterned papers.

Stanley Age 6 - hence the number 6 stickers.



Some of the stickers are specifically for journaling or recording on, you can see in the above photo that I put words on these ones using Glitz white alphas.

Wondering how these hexagons would look on cards I used the same papers and some of the Jenni Bowlin stickers to make up a couple of cards.

Firstly, a card for him...



....and this one for her, using paper scraps from MME's lost and found two collection . The Jenni Bowlin identify sticker that you can just about see under the best wishes flag actually had "Place" written on it so I turned it upside down and placed the flag over the word.



I really enjoyed working with these stickers and as the sticker sheets are so generous I was able to use them on several different layouts and projects.

You can see more hexagons on this layout and also on this mini book!!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments :