Tuesday 27 September 2011

Summer's End Layouts ~ By Louise

I know Louise was very nervous about taking on her first Design Team contribution but I have to say I think she has done an awesome job!!

I sent her a selection of products including the new Summer's End collection by Fancy Pants designs, some assorted Bazzill cardstock and Jenni Bowlin Chalkboard Stickers.

Today I will share her first layout which I hope will give you a few ideas. This layout tells the story of a photo shoot with a 7 year old in charge of the camera!!


A great idea for using the fall frames paper is to make journalling spots. By cutting them out and postioning them along the page they provide an ideal area for telling the story.



Louise carefully hand cut the individual doily shapes out of the changing paper and used them as a line of embellishments under her photos! This really draws the eye along the pictures



The Jenni Bowlin alphas make a great title, framed by the Summer's End Chipboard Banners.

Other tools and supplies used: Martha Stewart Butterfly and scalloped circle punches.

I'll be back tomorrow to show you Louise's second layout and I will have a great offer for you too!

You can see more of Louise's scrapbooking on her blog!

3 comments :

Lisa-Jane said...

Great job Louise! I love those JB alphas and its a fab idea to use those journalling blocks like that. Nice work xx

Jennifer Grace said...

Great layout. I love how the journaling spots have been cut from the 'fall frames' paper. The butterflies add a lovely touch too - I really want that punch!

S J CRAFTS said...

The butterfly punch is gorgeous, it's my "go to" punch!! They are on order Jennifer, should be here next week! :)