Friday 30 August 2013

A Perfect Summer!

Hi, Lisa-Jane here today!

Recently, Sarah asked me to create some layouts with the lovely Echo Park A Perfect Summer Collection Kit.

I had already seen this collection in the shop and fallen in love with its bright colours - but once it arrived and I opened it up, I loved it even more!  I really don't think that the little snippet you see on the front of the collection packs do them justice - I certainly appreciated the patterns a lot more on the full page and couldn't wait to get started.

There is quite a lot of red, white and blue in this collection so it was absolutely perfect for some photos of my daughter in her pretty Jubilee dress.  The wave patterned paper is really great because it ties in with water themes of all sorts, not just summer, but isn't so themed that it is in your face and detracting from the layout itself.  The airmail postcard was the perfect place to journal too.


I added some ribbons and brads and made pin-wheels from very small pieces of the chevron paper.  I made the scalloped borders with my Fiskars Threading Water (Scalloped Lace) punch.



Although the collection is called "A Perfect Summer", I love that most of the papers and stickers are a lot more generic than purely sandcastles and sunglasses. 

This next layout is about my daughter being able to manipulate people with her cuddles and cuteness and is streetwise beyond her years when it comes to playing people.


I wanted to pick out the orange and turquoise in her outfit but, at the same time keep it subtle with the addition of the pale blues.  I added a few buttons, twine, brads and a charm from my stash to add lots of texture. I edged the gorgeous hot hair balloon paper with American Crafts ribbon and WRMK washi tape.


The lettering, hot air balloon and blue border along the bottom are all from the 2 co-ordinating sticker sheets that come in the collection pack.  I added the "Be Who You Are" stamp from the fabulous new Hero Arts 'My Notebook' stamp set - a wonderfully versatile and useful set



I'm busy working on more layouts with this collection so do check back soon for more colourful layouts.

Lisa-Jane x


DT member Lisa-Jane is Mum to two young children and regularly blogs at Come Inside My Head ..... she loves paper, writing and being creative in her lovely craft room!

2 comments :

Lou said...

I'm with you LJ - the little snippet you see on the front of the collection packs don't always do them justice.

Gorgeous bright cheery pages with a beautiful girl x

Becky said...

A lovely bright layout - the balloon paper looks perfect with the photo :)