Monday 7 July 2014

Chococino Love Layout

Hi everyone

Firstly, thank you so much for all the lovely emails, messages and comments in response to my recent news!

For those that have asked me "Will you still be scrapbooking?" .... Yes, most definitely! I will still continue to make layouts. I have a whole mountain of photos to scrap so I have to get those into the albums. 
And yes, I will still pop up from time to time in your blog reader (don't forget there are bloglovin' and feedly "follow" buttons on the sidebar if you fancy making use of those)

The monthly challenges that I started earlier this year will continue (in fact July's challenge is right here) and there will be layouts, sketches, ideas and even more challenges to keep you happily scrapping popping up right here soon. And for those of you that were with us last year, there is even a little rumour that "Six on the 6th" (or something very similar) may be making a return appearance!!

So, that's a quick update .... and in other news....

.... this is a layout which I made for Scrapbook Magazine Issue 82 (Currently on sale)

Chococino Love


I started off with a sheet of plain white cardstock and spritzed a little light green Mister Huey ink onto it quite lightly. I knew the photo mat would go in the centre and cover the area of intense ink spray so that just the lighter splatters would show at the edges of the photo.

I then built up the page with patterned papers from the Capture Life collection, tucking the "Today" journal card in the left hand side and adding stickers (some raised up on foam dots).

The scattered stickers, chipboard stars and hearts, cork arrow & camera, wood "yummy" and enamel dots help to bring the eye in towards the photo.

Here's a couple of close up shots of some of the embellishments:


I'm trying to create more layouts about our everday life recently. I realised I tend to scrap our holidays, days out, birthdays and so on but sometimes I forget the more everyday stuff, like visiting our local coffee shop where my daughter has grown rather fond of their chococinos (they're a little like a cappuccino but no coffee, just hot chocolate!)

Do you scrap the everyday stuff? 
Do you use "pocket page" style scrapbooking for documenting your daily activities or do you still make 12" x 12" layouts.

There's lots of texture on this layout - wood, cork, chipboard, enamel, ink ...

Do you include different textures or are you a mainly paper type of girl?!

Have a wonderful day and don't forget to check out the Closing Down Sale!

There's still loads of bargains!


4 comments :

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous layout....I love all those tiny embellishments that you've added.
I'm very excited to hear the '6 on the 6th' rumour!!

Lisa-Jane said...

Great layout Sarah - I'm glad you will still be scrapping :-)

Chidkid said...

A wonderful LO..congrats for getting it published.. a worthy entry to the magazine. So glad to hear you'll still be blogging regularly too.

Lesley G said...

Such a sweet layout :)