Wednesday 31 July 2013

Sweet Baby Girl

Hello
 
This layout was made for the "Scraplift Challenge" for Issue 73 of Scrapbook Magazine. I can show you now as the issue has now gone off sale, with issue 74 hitting the shelves last week!
 
I used Echo Park Sweet Girl papers and embellishments.

The patterned papers were cut and layered up to create a "messy" matt for my photograph. Placing them at slight angles is more playful and "free" to emphasise the fun she was having playing on the swing.

 
 

I layered up some chipboard pieces in the top left area - they read:  "play - happy - smile" and then balanced this with a cluster to the right of the photo with the title and the chipboard camera.

The tiny punched hearts create a visual triangle. Placing the same element in 3 places around the page is something I often do on my layouts.

Twine wrapped around the photo adds some texture and also breaks up the big area of grass in the picture. I used a pink Mister Huey to flick a few spots of ink and some enamel dots to finish off the page.
 
Here it is, in the magazine!
 
 

Did you see the date the photo was taken? 2004!!! Almost 10 years ago!!
Sometimes I like to "dig out" an older photo and scrap it. It makes a change from more recent photos.

Have you ever scrapped a photo that's several years old?

Thanks for stopping by today!

Sarah x

4 comments :

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely page....and the 'messy' layers work perfectly.

Lesley G said...

So sweet :) x

Lou said...

This is such a pretty layout. I love all the patterns and the ink splatters.

Lisa-Jane said...

I love the messy layers and the colours are just perfect. Gorgeous layout.