Friday 6 January 2012

Scrapping with January's Mini Kit

The January Mini Kit is now available right here!!

This bright and fun kit contains 3 sheets of patterned paper from the Crate Random collection, 1 sheet of pink bazzill cardstock, 1 sheet of Crate stickers, various ribbons and flowers!

Mini Kit 2 (January) ~ Random

Lisa-Jane got to have a play and came up with 2 very different layouts.

I simply adore this page of her little girl playing in the autumnal leaves!

 


Over to DT member Lisa Jane to explain how her pages came together:

When I got the kit, I immediately thought of the orange and the pink together, which initially you wouldn't expect to work but it DOES!!  I remembered the million or so pictures that I took of B in the Autumn leaves several weeks ago. I wanted to use the pink cardstock as one of the layers so I decided on kraft cardstock for the base. So that I could use both sides of the patterned papers (and also I couldn't bear to waste any!) I gutted them all to make full use of all the patterns. I wanted a really shabby chic style so I distressed all the edges with my scissors and inked them with Brushed Corduroy distress ink.  The pink of B's top is highlighted using the bright pink ribbon and I added some flowers and some of the stickers. My title is made up of letters from my stash and the layout is finished off with a few buttons and leaf shaped brads.


 
Having done one girly layout, I wanted to balance things out a bit and show you that the Random Collection can also be used for more masculine layouts too. I loved the denim paper so I looked for a photo of L in jeans. I came across some pictures of L wearing denim dungarees and an orange top which worked perfectly with the offcuts from the first layout.


This design came together quickly and I love how there is plenty of space for my journalling. I used a border punch on the denim paper and the cream ribbon from the kit to break up the thicker layer at the foot of the page. A sticker from the sheet that came in the kit makes up part of the title along with some rub-ons from my stash! I added some raffia and another sprinkling of buttons to finish the page.
 

I love the way this turned out - starting with an essentially feminine collection and ending up with a layout perfect for a little boy and his Daddy out walking in the countryside.
I still have some of the gorgeous rose print paper left to make a card! So that's 2 layouts and at least one card from a kit that costs less than a fiver! Result!  

2 comments :

Lou said...

Two beautiful layouts Lisa-Jane.

Jo said...

Gorgeous layouts Lisa-Jane