Monday 14 November 2011

November Echo Park Kit Layouts ~ By Louise

Today's post is brought to you by Design Team member Louise with two very different layouts created using the new November kit.
Louise says:
The kit really is full of great papers and with the sticker sheet, alphas and the journalling cards, there is plenty of choice. The papers are gorgeous on both sides so the biggest decision was which side to use. I love patterned papers......and some of them were very busy patterns!! It's funny as I thought on first sight that I would use the plainer patterned sides......but the bolder sides kept calling me!
This first layout I based around the moustache stickers and used photos of my three boys and my nephew where they were playing around with Keith Lemons mouthboard, a download application on the phone!! Rest assured the boys have no idea who Keith Lemon is!!

For the second layout I chose a photo of my great grandmother and grandfather - I have had him on my mind this week......there is a very sad story to go with this layout. My great grandfather died in WW1 at the Battle of Somme, left behind his two daughters (shown in the photo) and his pregnant wife. My grandmother was born one month after he died. Last weekend I found myself explaining to the boys that my great grandfather (and lots of others) is the reason we wear poppies and have a two minute silence to remember them all.
For this layout I added a doilie and used some AC brads and two pins. It is a very full kit and there is plenty leftover to make another layout or some cards.................a job for this weekend hopefully!!
***   ***   ***
Two fab layouts!! You can see more of Louise's scrapbooking or maybe join her on her photography challenge here.
If you want to grab yourself a kit pop over to here or you can buy the Echo Park papers individually here!

* November kit is now sold out!! *
* Watch out for our December kit coming soon! *
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments :

Nathalie said...

Great job Louise! I absolutely love your heritage page!!! It is perfect with these papers!

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO's Louise. Looks like a great kit.

Lisa-Jane said...

A layout to make you laugh and a layout to make you cry, both of them absolutely great. Good job Louise x

Jennifer Grace said...

Gorgeous layouts, I love the distressing on the page about your great-grandfather. x