Tuesday 18 June 2013

Carta Bella Boardwalk ~ Part 3

Hello and welcome back to the 3rd (& last) post in my series using the Carta Bella Collection Kit
 
If you missed them you can see Part 1 here and Part 2 is here!

When I originally planned to use the Carta Bella Collection Kit  I was thinking of my holiday album and the photos I had yet to scrap from a day at a Water Park. This collection has been a perfect match for my photos but it would also suit lots of other holiday destinations or you could scrap your summer days out using it.
Today I want to share with you two more 12x12 layouts, from another park ... Seaworld!! Again, Beach Boardwalk was perfect!!

When I first received the collection kit I noticed the reference to whales. Hmmm....Sea World came to mind! So, once I'd finished working on the Water Park layouts and the mini-book I found I had enough scraps for a double layout. I haven't made a double layout for a long long time and have recently been inspired by one of the other S J Crafts design team members Lisa-Jane, who creates amazing double layouts.

I had those adorable whale stickers and titles I wanted to use. Who'd have thought that I'd find whale stickers? Another reason why I love this collection so much.
 

Having a Whale of a Time at Seaworld Layout
 
All elements are from the collection kit, excluding the wood veneer hearts and arrows and the yellow bracket.
I stitched a pocket, so I am able to tuck away the journaling. Both pages have a pocket and the other one has a journaling card which the boys have written on from the entries they made in our travel journal.
 
A close up of the Whale Sticker - I love it and of course you don't have to have Whale photos to use it!
 

 
Relax & Enjoy the Show Layout
 


Using more of the kit elements & stickers this title quickly came together.
 


To bring these layouts together I wanted some elements to flow while still being able to keep the layouts individual. I placed a border on both edges and used panels of patterned papers. Each page hold's it own title while, I hope you agree, both titles complement each other. Having a Whale of a time at Seaworld - Relax and Enjoy the show. To join the two layouts together I have stitched a circle element across the pages.
 



A close up of the titles.....

 


and the stitching....

 

These layouts bring me to the end of my projects using the Carta Bella Collection Kit. In all, I have made four 12x12 layouts, one divided page with 4x6 pockets and a mini book. Not only is my holiday album filling up nicely I have layouts that I know I will enjoy for many, many years.

Thank you for stopping by and again thanks to Sarah for letting me work with a such a wonderful collection kit (have I told you how much I loved it!!).

I really do hope I have inspired you to try one of the Collection Kits in the SJ Crafts shop.

Louise x

See more of Louise's crafting at her blog: Boys, Bugs and Beautiful Buttons

8 comments :

furrypig said...

those papers are just great with the Seaworld theme but I can totally see them being used for so many summer/holiday/water/swimming etc etc pages. A really cleverly done double page too.

scrappyjacky said...

This is such a gorgeous collection....and I've loved everything you've made with it.

Sandra said...

Oohhh how fabulous, I love what you've created here

ForgedinPaper said...

It's a lovely double LO.

Missus Wookie said...

Really like the circles stitched across the two pages - pulls them together so nicely. Cute collection and stickers.

Nathalie said...

Awesome design and love how the single pages go together to make an even better looking double pager! Awesome use of this collection Louise!

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm totally in love with this collection now because everything you have done I have been blown away by.

Jennifer Grace said...

Gorgeous double-spread! I love the 'riding the waves' border on the left, and that whale sticker is perfect! x