Friday 11 April 2014

Easter Card & Egg Holder!

Hello everyone, Jenny here today!


I have a quick and easy Easter project to show you, I made both the card and the egg holder from 1 sheet of Kraft card, with 1 sheet of 6 x 6 paper as the main decoration!


The card is 10 x 10 cm which was cut from the sheet of Kraft card. The paper is from MME Now & Then Mildred pad. I simply cut a strip from a sheet mounted it onto pale yellow paper and stuck it down the centre of my card blank. I coloured a cute Easter image from Pink Petticoat and mounted it on a die cut yellow scalloped circle which is then stuck to the card on foam pads to give it some dimension. 

I added some Studio Calico wood grain enamel dots to the corners and also in the centre of the flower on the top of the egg. Lastly I used Glossy Accents to make the chicks beak shiny.

Onto the egg holder I cut a piece of Kraft card 27 x 9 cm and then scored 11 cm, 17 cm, 19 cm and 25 cm. I made up a template below if you want to use it! Between the score lines at 19 cm and 25 cm I die cut a circle for my egg to sit into:



 Once folded up you can see you have almost a box shape with a flat back. I decorated the back similar to my card adding a strip of paper with die cut image attached. I also added a strip of paper and some enamel dots to the front of the box.

Here's the template:




I hope you have enjoyed my projects today, you can give them so someone this Easter for a really sweet gift!


Jenny is a busy mum of three who makes lovely cards and other projects and shares them at her blog Dragonllew's Spot!

4 comments :

scrappyjacky said...

Very cute.

Lou said...

ahhh so cute. Great instructions too.

Annie Claxton said...

So sweet and pretty, what a lovely idea :o)

Lisa-Jane said...

I love them! The enamel dots are really great here too.