Tuesday 14 May 2013

My "Right Now" Inspiration! - By Lisa-Jane

"What's inspiring you right now?"
 
When Sarah (S J Crafts owner) asked me this recently I had to answer that I am loving using my Silhouette Cameo. It is great for lettering because I never run out of any particular letters and it is also wonderful for titles like the "Just Because" title from Heidi Swapp that i've used on my layout. I am also loving the current trend of highlighting the negative areas and so decided to create a layout where the negative space of the cut is a prominent feature of the page. I created this Star cut file myself and then cut roughly similar shapes of patterned paper to stick to the back so that they show through - kinda like a stained glass affect!



I used papers from the Snippets collection papers by Studio Calico. This layout is part of a series in my album so this one didn't need any journalling.
I really love the simplicity of the page with no other embellishments.



You could try using punches or cutting dies to get a similar affect and it's also a great way to use up all those small off cuts  and scraps of your favourite papers. 
 
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope my "Right Now" inspiration inspires you too!
 
Lisa-Jane x 
 
Don't forget to check out more of Lisa-Jane's layouts at her blog: Inside My Head
 

3 comments :

scrappyjacky said...

Such a lovely page....and love the title.

Lou said...

Seeing this gorgeous page makes me wish for a Silhouette Cameo...maybe one day!

ForgedinPaper said...

Great LO and I love the star frame. I'm still getting to grips with my Cameo.